A simple and yummy side dish for Dosa and Idly…
Potato – 5
Onion – 1
Tomato – 2
Green chilly- 2
Oil (any preferred cooking oil)
Mustard seeds (kaduku in Tamil)
Red chilly- 2
Fennel seeds (Sombu in Tamil)
Cinamon (Pattai in Tamil)
1. Pressure cook potatos and keep it aside.
2. Grind coconut, red chilly, fennel seeds and cinnamon into a paste and keep it aside.
3. Chop onion, tomato and green chilies into fine pieces.
4. Heat 4 to 5 spoons of oil in a pan.
5. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splatter.
6. Add curry leaves and green chilly. Saute it.
7. Add chopped onion, saute it until it turns brown.
8. Add cut tomato, saute it until it is cooked.
9. Add the cooked potatoes and then add turmeric powder, saute it.
10. Add some water (as per required consistency), salt as per taste and simmer it for 2-3 mins.
11. Add the ground coconut paste and allow it to cook for 5 mins.
12. Finally, add fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot.
NOTE: This sambar tastes best with Ghee Dosa.
Wait for more interesting recipes!!!